Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year - Have some crepes!

First and foremost, Happy New Year!! I wanted to start with something like, “It’s been a great year of baking…” but seeing as I started this blog only 2 months ago, that doesn’t really make sense…at least for you (my hundreds and thousands of loyal readers). However, I did make a list of New Year Blog Resolutions that I plan on accomplishing in 2011 so that by this time next year, I’ll have lots to reflect on.

They are as follows:

1. Do more restaurant reviews! (As I have yet to do one…)
2. Do more theatre reviews! (As I have yet to do one…)
3. Bake more cupcakes! (As I have to make them for a wedding in September.)
4. Share more healthy recipes! (As the last thing a lot of people want to see right now is more sugar and butter.)
5. Use my slow cooker lots! (Self-explanatory?)
6. Make perfect homemade bread! (I will break my curse…)
7. Learn how to make french macarons! (This may be my biggest challenge of all)

Clearly, all of those needed exclamation points.

I also have a recipe for you today! Last night, I wanted crepes…more specifically, I wanted crepes filled with sautéed apples but my apples were a bit of a fail so I filled the crepes with Nutella instead.

On a side note – I love Nutella. I’m actually planning on doing an entry completely devoted to it. You should be excited…well, at least I am.

Crepes
I always use Leslie Sarna’s recipe for dessert crepes, as I just find it to be the best. Buttery with just enough sweetness, and perfect every time.

Ingredients:

1 cup flour, sifted
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp butter, melted

Directions:

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients but the flour. When mixed, add the sifted flour while continuing to whisk.

Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.

Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until light golden. Serve hot.


Mmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment