Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Doodles that Snicker

Snickerdoodles. I probably love the name of these cookies more than the actual cookie itself. Though, I do love these little disks of cinnamon heaven quite a bit. And so do a lot of people.

Seriously. I’ve made these cookies for many casts of many shows I’ve done over the years and with each occasion, I’ve had instant friends. INSTANT, I tell you. People just love ‘em.

The secret is…well, there is no secret, they’re actually pretty easy. So, here’s the recipe.

Want people to love you? Make these cookies.

Snickerdoodles

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

cinnamon & sugar (for rolling)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and cinnamon.

Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.

Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.


Mix additional cinnamon and sugar in a separate small bowl (about a 1 tablespoon sugar to 1 teaspoon cinnamon ratio). Roll dough into small balls and then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. (You can also put the cinnamon and sugar in a paper bag and shake the ball of dough in it. That’s how I used to do it when I was little – it’s more fun.)

Place balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.


Let them cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.


My boyfriend loves these too. They never last in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment