Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Green Monster

Ok…so I know you probably came here for sweet things. Butter, sugar, sprinkles and cookies and cakes galore. The last thing you probably want to see is a nutrient-packed, green smoothie.

Well, too bad.

I had heard about the Green Monster Movement through Simply Scrumptious awhile back. And as much as I thought it was a pretty-looking smoothie, the fact that there was a whole whackload of spinach in it turned me off a little. However, this morning I decided to be brave and give it a try. As part of my own personal movement to start eating healthier again.

The result? AMAZING. Seriously. You honestly cannot even taste the spinach – the banana disguises it completely.

This is a fantastic way to start off your day. It’s packed with all good things, and it tastes surprisingly delicious.

So, go give the Green Monster a try…you might be surprised ;)

The Green Monster
(Recipe from Green Monster Movement)

Ingredients:

2 cups spinach
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 cup milk (cow’s milk, soy, almond…anything is good)
1 banana
ice

Directions:

Combine all ingredients into your blender. Blend well.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, it's shocking how much you can't taste the spinach. It just tastes like a light banana smoothie.

    I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete