Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I like a little coffee with my Baileys...

If you know me, you know I like to indulge…indulgence is practically my middle name. One of my favourite weeknight dinners is crepes and wine. Why wait for a special occasion to spoil yourself?

Those who know me also know I like coffee…a lot. I’ve been a shameless addict since my late teens and even though I partially blame my height on it, I would never quit it for the world. I just love the stuff. The smell, the taste, the way it makes me feel…it’s just the best.

Tonight, I indulged on coffee…perhaps one of the best things to indulge on, in my opinion. I had purchased some Baileys last night (as Christmas is just over a week away and I need to stock up!!) and I found myself staring at the bottle of Baileys and my espresso maker, trying to come up with something delicious.

It wasn’t difficult. I kind of created a Bailey’s latte. And it was AMAZING.

So I had to share.

Baileys Latte

Ingredients:

2 shots of espresso
1 shot of Baileys (this is only a suggestion…you could always add more ;))
milk of your choice (I used soy)
whipped cream (might as well go all out!)
pinch of nutmeg

Directions:

Prepare the espresso in your espresso maker. While it’s doing its thing, heat up a cup or so of milk (I don’t have a milk steamer but if you’re all fancy, you could probably do it that way…). Measure 2 shots of espresso into a mug. Add a shot (or 2) of Baileys. Fill the rest up with milk.

Dollop some whipped cream on top (this is optional, but I made a lot yesterday for Matt’s pie so I had to use it up…) and sprinkle with nutmeg.

DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment