Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Marshmallow Squares

So, when my dear friend Tim very kindly offered to de-virus my computer, I asked what kind of compensation he would like – hopefully in the form of a baked good. He specifically requested “those peanut butter marshmallow squares” and I immediately began my research to find a good recipe, as I had never made them before.

Turns out, there are about a bagillion recipes for these squares on the internet and they’re almost all exactly the same. So it was pretty easy.

Oh, and the recipe is ridiculously easy too. No wonder these are so popular – with only 4 ingredients and no baking required, they’re pretty much the easiest dessert in the world to make.

And I’ve now rekindled a love for butterscotch that I didn’t even know I had.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Butterscotch Marshmallow Squares

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 bag (300 g) of butterscotch chips
1 bag (250-300 g) of mini rainbow marshmallows*

*Don’t use white marshmallows. Apparently the rainbow fruity marshmallows make a difference (as opposed to regular white marshmallows). Don’t ask me why.

Directions:

Melt together the butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips on low heat until it’s all melted and mixed, stirring constantly. Let the mixture cool for a little while so the marshmallows don’t melt.



Stir in mini marshmallows. Pour mixture into a greased 11"x13" pan.

Refrigerate for a few hours. Cut into small squares and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! My grandmother used to make these and there are so many versions out there. This was perfect. Just made some with my 4 yr old :)

    ReplyDelete