Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Night Cookies

Some people go out on Friday nights. Out with friends, out to dinner, out to the bar, out on a date…me, when I have a free Friday night, I usually bake. I might have a glass of wine…or two. I might also make a spontaneous trip to Homesense and buy ridiculously adorable teacups that I really don’t need. I might also put on yoga pants and a Team Jacob t-shirt and search online for the best oatmeal cookie recipe known to man…

I did all of these things tonight. And it was glorious.

Sometimes, I get a hankering for oatmeal cookies. Plain and simple. So tonight, I made some. I omitted the raisins though. I just wasn’t feelin’ them.

However, the cookies did turn out pretty awesome. I may have eaten about 6 or 7 right out of the oven…

Yeah. They’re that good.

So if you’re a nerd like me and not out being social and sexy on a Friday night, you should make these cookies. Just sayin’.

Oatmeal Cookies
(Adapted from The "BEST" Oatmeal Cookie recipe)

Ingredients:

3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a small bowl, combine the eggs and vanilla. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.

Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until all of the dry ingredients are absorbed. Next, stir in the egg and vanilla mixture, then stir in the rolled oats and pecans. Dough will be stiff – you can add a little bit of milk at this point if you like to moisten it a bit. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto an unprepared cookie sheet.


Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment